Sunday 17 November 2013

Eggs for Life ( Health benefits of Eggs)

Image : landolake.com


When i was in senior primary my mother use to stuff me with eggs. Soon I came to hate anything that had eggs in it. But recently I have become quite a fan of these precious eggs after stumbling across these interesting benefits that they add to your health.

1. Good for your eyes

I'm a heavy reader and I spend most of my time infront of a computer. So it was lovely to learn that just one egg a day can prevent macular degeneration - a medical condition which usually affects older adults and results in a loss of vision.

2. Aids in weight loss

A breakfast which contains eggs will keep you fuller for longer.

3. Reduces risk of getting cancer.

The egg yoke is packed with a nutrient called choline. High intake of choline reduces the risk of breast cancer; choline also protects our livers from accumulating fat, helps regulate the nervous system, the brain and cardiovascular system.

4. Promotes healthy hair and nails

Eggs are high in sulphur and contain a wide array of vitamins and minerals which help keep your nails and hair healthy.

5. Protects your heart

Eatting two eggs a day increases your HDL the good cholesterol which protects your heart.




No comments:

Post a Comment